Recipe: Owen Han’s Favorite Turkey Sandwich
Lifestyle October 10, 2022
They don’t call him the “Sandwich King” for nothing.
On Monday’s episode of “The Jennifer Hudson Show,” TikTokchef Owen Han taught Jennifer Hudson how to make his favorite turkey sandwich.
Now, you can make this delicious meal at home! Here’s how:
Ingredients for Sandwich:
-Oven roasted turkey slices
TikTok Chef Owen Han Discusses His Viral Fame & Inspiration Behind RecipesView Story
Ingredients for Pesto:
-2 large handfuls of basil (or 1 packed cup)
-3 cloves garlic
-1/4 cup pine nuts
-1/3 cup parmesan
-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for Calabrian Chili Mayo:
-2 tbsp minced Calabrian chiles
-1/4 cup mayo
-1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
-Salt and pepper to taste
Recipe: Owen Han’s Viral Chicken Quesadilla RecipeView Story
1. To a mortar, add the pine nuts, garlic, and pinch of salt. Pound and stir with a pestle to a coarse paste.
2. Add the basil, pound, and stir with a pestle to a coarse paste.
3. Add the parmesan and then gradually add extra virgin olive oil and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To make the Parmesan crisp, set a nonstick pan over medium heat and add a ring mold. Grate an even layer of Parmesan then remove the ring mold. Let the Parmesan cook for about 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
5. Use a silicone spatula to carefully turn it over and let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
6. To make the Calabrian chili mayo, add the mayo and chili paste to a bowl and mix until combined.
7. To assemble the sandwich: add pesto to one slice of lightly toasted bread and Calabrian chili mayo to the other. Add turkey slices and 2 Parmesan crisps, and then top with banana peppers and red onion. Close the sandwich and cut in half.
The Protein-Packed Breakfast That Fuels JHud Before Each ShowView Story
“The Jennifer Hudson Show” airs weekdays. Check your local listings.