1. To a mortar, add the pine nuts, garlic, and pinch of salt. Pound and stir with a pestle to a coarse paste.
2. Add the basil, pound, and stir with a pestle to a coarse paste.
3. Add the parmesan and then gradually add extra virgin olive oil and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To make the Parmesan crisp, set a nonstick pan over medium heat and add a ring mold. Grate an even layer of Parmesan then remove the ring mold. Let the Parmesan cook for about 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
5. Use a silicone spatula to carefully turn it over and let it cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
6. To make the Calabrian chili mayo, add the mayo and chili paste to a bowl and mix until combined.
7. To assemble the sandwich: add pesto to one slice of lightly toasted bread and Calabrian chili mayo to the other. Add turkey slices and 2 Parmesan crisps, and then top with banana peppers and red onion. Close the sandwich and cut in half.